Pages

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Cooking with Stevia

I've been using stevia for a couple of years now but very minimally.  I might put it into tea or oatmeal and I've also tried it a a few simple recipes like banana bread and oatmeal protein bars.  Other then that, I've not really tried very hard to use it as a substitute.

I made a fresh batch of banana bread tonight and replaced the the sugar with stevia. I just sampled it.....not bad. It does taste a little different but Stevia itself has a sweet but not sugar sweet taste to it.  It's hard to explain.  I guess it's no different then the difference in taste when you use artificial sweetener.

http://www.steviainfo.com/?page=cooking_tips

I found this web-site about substituting stevia in recipes.  I'm thinking I might try a substitution a month....probably the same recipe several times in one month until I get it to the point the Hubs and I like.  I'll share my results!

No comments:

Post a Comment