Pages

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

What do you mean I can't eat as much as I want!

So last year when I started to train for my first marathon I was also trying to loose weight....of course!  Aren't we all.  Well, all it took was one of the trainers we worked out with to tell me that I needed to NOT diet and make sure I ate carbs in the evening, if I was running in the morning.  He said a lot more but all I heard was no more dieting and eat carbs! =)  Needless to say I took advantage of this and didn't really loose any weight.  Even though I was running any where from 30-40 miles a week, I pretty much staying the same size. No bueno!

This year, I am really trying to learn more about proper running nutrition.  What do I need to eat.  When should I eat it.  And, how much do I really need.  Runners World is always a great source, so I am starting there and hopefully it will lead me to other articles, books, and forums regarding diet.
http://www.runnersworld.com/article/0,7120,s6-242-304-310-7771-0,00.html

No comments:

Post a Comment