Pages

Tuesday, January 14, 2014

That Magic Number!

Okay, so I've been saying this for about as long as I can remember....."If I can just lose 10 lbs. I'll be happy".  I'm not sure why 10 lbs. is the magic number, but it is.  I bet I am not the only one that says stuff like this.  I have to image that most women have some magic number that they are always striving for.  Geez, just last month, I told my husband that I REALLY needed to lose 10lbs......very matter of fact like.  His response, "WHY?".  You see, I am not over weight, by any means.  This time around I had an excuse. 

I'm training for another marathon and I've convinced myself that the less I weigh, the less I will stress my legs out as they carry me thru 26.2 miles.  Good excuse right!  Well logically it is, but, okay, here is the problem......I managed to gain about 5 lbs. over the holiday.  Way to buy into your logic Cyndi!  Yeah....I have this wonderful way listing things I want to accomplish but never seeing them thru.

With less than 2 weeks to the marathon, it is ridiculous to think that I can still drop 10 lbs. safely, so I am not going to try. Or am I?  Okay no, but as of January 13th, I am taking on a challenge with some of my co-workers.  My company is hosting  a "Biggest Loser" competition.  I've joined every year they've offered it, but guess what, I usually get bored about 3 weeks in and stop reporting and trying.  One of my goals this year is to "see things thru", so I joined the competition again, and with the help of my friends here at work, hopefully I will complete the challenge, enjoy some friendly competition, and....who knows, maybe I will actually lose that 10 lbs.!

Cyndi ~

No comments:

Post a Comment