Pages

Sunday, January 23, 2011

The First Mile - Running is Cheaper then Therapy!

So how are you supposed to stay focused when you are physically and mentally exhausted?  I had such a hard work week and because I was so tired and busy, I missed running Thursday, Friday, and Saturday.  Not off to a good start.

Well, I finally made it for a jog/ workout today and was thinking about this the whole time.  It is already so hard to balance work and personal life. Now I want to focus on running again!  How did I focus on this before.  Then it hit me...."oh yeah, I was getting up at 4am several times a week to get my runs in.

But wait a minute.  Getting up wasn't the focus.  That was the dedication to the focus.  What/ where was the real focus coming from?  Then another "Ah-Ha!" moment.  My self adopted mantra popped in my head.

"Running is Cheaper then Therapy...."  That's what kept me going.  It's what was keeping me sane.  It was/ is the focus on the activity that keeps the balance between work and life.  It is MY personal alone time.  The ME time I have always loved.  I guess I just kinda lost my focus for a little while.  It's good to have it back.

No comments:

Post a Comment